This session provides attendees with details on how to approach a SQL Server virtualisation project. Discussing topics central to server virtualisation such as performance and scalability considerations.
Here's a summary of the session:
- Business and technical drivers
- Why virtualise?
- Virtualisation project goals benefits and pitfalls
- Virtualisation planning
- Considerations for special aspects of SQL Server's resource requirements
- SQL Instance design
- Virtualisation Design and implementation
- Considerations for solution design
- Using Virtualisation to provide High Availability
- Configuration optimisations
- Potential issues and solutions
- Troubleshooting SQL Server on virtualised platforms