There are a growing number of availability solutions to choose between and knowing which technology to deploy based on requirements can be a difficult choice.
This session will provide an overview of the technologies available, comparing and contrasting these and discussing common combinations of complementary technologies.
Here's a summary of the session:
- The availability problem
- How to compare alternatives
- Solutions to improve database availability
- Failover clustering
- Database mirroring
- Log shipping
- Combining High Availability technologies
- Geo-clusters and storage replication
- Other technologies to improve database availability