Small Changes Can Make a World of Difference
As DBAs, we all know about the big new features, like AlwaysOn Availability Groups, Columnstore Indexes and In-Memory OLTP ("Hekaton"). But there are other "small" hidden features you may have not heard about that can make your lives a lot easier. In this presentation, we will go over some of the cool "small" features that were introduced in SQL Server 2012 and SQL Server 2014, and see how they can help us.
Among other topics, we will talk about:
- Changes in the storage world and how you can leverage them
- Buffer Pool Extension to SSD drives
- IO throttling using Resource Governor
- Parallelism improvements
- The new Cardinality Estimator
- Partition Switch and Online Index Operations improvements
- Online Schema Changes
- Features that can boost your productivity when working with SSMS
Sorry, there are no downloads available for this session.
Matan Yungman is a Technical Evangelist for Madeira SQL Server Services. He has over 10 years of experience working with SQL Server, focusing mainly on performance tuning, high availability, database development and database design. Matan also co-hosts the Israeli SQL Server Radio show. He is passionate about SQL Server, technology and the SQL Server community.
The video is not available to view online.