Deploying Highly Available SQL Server 2012 BI Environments.
Business Intelligence services today play a critical role in helping many organisations make effective business decisions leaving them highly dependent on the underlying technology being available. A failure of a Business Intelligence component is now often regarded as a severe incident throughout the whole business, not just IT departments, so to minimise the chance of an outage SQL Server 2012 can use several high availability technologies to make the environments it powers resilient. This pre-conference training day will show you how to deploy a highly available end to end SQL Server 2012 Business Intelligence environment and discuss the features which make it possible to deliver services such as PowerPivot, PowerView, SQL Server Reporting Services and SQL Server Analysis Services from a robust architecture.
Topics covered in this pre-conference session are:
· Deploying a highly available SQL Server database engine using AlwaysOn
· Deploying a highly available Analysis Services platform using failover clustering
· Planning the SharePoint Farm.
· Preparing for a SharePoint Web Farm deployment.
· Installing the SharePoint Web Farm.
· Configuring a highly available PowerPivot environment
· Configuring a highly available Reporting Services environment
· Configuring PowerView
· Testing a highly available SQL Server 2012 Business Intelligence environment
Chris Testa-O'Neill is the founder and Principal Consultant at Claribi. An experienced professional with over 14 years’ experience of architecting, designing and implementing Microsoft SQL Server data and business intelligence projects at an enterprise scale. He has significant experience of leading and mentoring both business and technical project stakeholders in maximising investment in SQL Server and more recently in Azure solutions.
A regular and respected speaker on the international SQL Server conference circuit, and an organiser of national SQL Server conferences and events, Chris has been recognised as a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) by Microsoft. and has been a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) for the last 14 years having both authored and delivered Microsoft Official Courses.
The video is not available to view online.