Introduction to Power BI Q&A
Self Service BI is all about empowering everyone to gather
and analyze data, so they can make informed decisions quickly. Having the data
available to consume in an accessible manner is a key success factor for making
“BI to the masses” really happen.
Power BI Q&A is a new feature that uses natural language
for querying data models. The end users do not need to learn any new language
and will instantly see the data visualization that gives an answer to their question.
In this session you will learn:
- How Q&A is working behind the scenes to find
the best answer.
- The types of questions that are supported for sorting,
filtering, grouping and aggregation.
- How the keyword search capabilities will use the
context to resolve ambiguity.
- Whether data normalization is a good idea for
- To what extent the data values within the data sets
are recognized for your questions.
- How and why to configure synonyms, data types and
categories for your columns.
- Why you should configure Default Field Set and
Default Label for your tables.
- How to setup data security for Q&A.
- How the end user can share their question.
Sorry, there are no downloads available for this session.
Chris is a consultant at the Data and Analytics team within Avanade,
a joint venture of Microsoft and Accenture. He is based in The Netherlands and
prior to joining Avanade, he stayed for five years in Edinburgh and applied his
Microsoft BI and .NET skills at the internet startups Money Dashboard and
Chris was one of the first MCSE’s in Business Intelligence
by passing the beta exams. He also holds a MSc in Software Engineering from the
University of Amsterdam.
After attending the previous ten editions of SQL Bits
without presenting, he thought it was payback time and submitted a session for
The video is not available to view online.