Transitioning from "Reporting" to Decision Support Solutions
Incredible focus is now upon the Business Intelligence arena. The Microsoft BI Stack is a compelling choice, especially for businesses in transition from a small to medium or large enterprise. Technology roadmaps present significant challenges, but what about the people element?
Do you want to simply deliver the next gen reporting system or can you play a part in improving the way your organisation measures business performance and makes decisions.
- pros and cons of basic SSRS deployments
- what are those data analysts actually doing
- what KPI's are, where to get them and the issues that presents
- how deployment of BI solutions can challenge the IT department status quo
- discuss a model for 'data services' resourcing and how this maps to information deployment within an organisation
Sorry, there are no downloads available for this session.
I have 25 years experience in the database field, beginning with IBM DB2, specialising inTandem NonStop SQL and in the last few years branching out onto SQL Server.
My core experience is with business intelligence (BI) solutions & strategy, database modelling, design & performance tuning, large scale ETL systems infrastructure and data migrations.
The video is not available to view online.