Virtualization, SANs, and Hardware for SQL Server
When you're the one who has to plan, buy, set up, and troubleshoot production SQL Servers, you need to know about hardware, SAN storage, SSDs, virtualization, and more.
In this one-day course, you'll learn:
- How to choose if clustering, AlwaysOn Availability Groups, mirroring, log shipping, virtualization, or SAN replication is right for your new build
- What hardware to buy for SQL Server Standard Edition and Enterprise Edition
- How to configure SQL Server on a SAN or on virtualization (VMware or Hyper-V)
- Testing and comparing your storage to industry benchmarks
- Brent's one-month go-live checklist covering what to test before putting a new SQL Server in production
Sorry, there are no downloads available for this session.
Brent Ozar specializes in making SQL Server faster and more reliable.
He's a Microsoft Certified Master of SQL Server and MVP, and he has over a decade of experience. He coauthored Professional SQL Server 2008 Internals and Troubleshooting, created sp_Blitz™ and sp_AskBrent™, and he loves sharing knowledge at BrentOzar.com.
The video is not available to view online.
- Session Files Explorer
The network name cannot be found.