SQL 14 In-memory OLTP : Architecture to Implementation
SQL Server 2014 introduces in-memory technology for optimizing OLTP workloads. In this DBA focused session we will :
• Discuss what In-memory OLTP is.
• Discuss key architectural requirements and some of the architecture of In-memory OLTP tables. (Memory & Storage Usage)
• How In-memory OLTP tables integrates with existing native stored tables.
• Identify scenarios where memory In-memory OLTP will improve application performance and where it may not be suitable.
• In-Memory OLTP value proposition.
• Understand the SQL Server 2014 In-Memory OLTP key architecture and considerations
• The effect of durability for memory-optimized tables requirements of storage and recovery
• Where OLTP can improve application performance on commodity hardware and identifying potential candidates for In-Memory OLTP