Deploying Highly Available SQL Server 2012 BI Environments.
Business Intelligence services today play a critical role in helping many organisations make effective business decisions leaving them highly dependent on the underlying technology being available. A failure of a Business Intelligence component is now often regarded as a severe incident throughout the whole business, not just IT departments, so to minimise the chance of an outage SQL Server 2012 can use several high availability technologies to make the environments it powers resilient. This pre-conference training day will show you how to deploy a highly available end to end SQL Server 2012 Business Intelligence environment and discuss the features which make it possible to deliver services such as PowerPivot, PowerView, SQL Server Reporting Services and SQL Server Analysis Services from a robust architecture.
Topics covered in this pre-conference session are:
· Deploying a highly available SQL Server database engine using AlwaysOn
· Deploying a highly available Analysis Services platform using failover clustering
· Planning the SharePoint Farm.
· Preparing for a SharePoint Web Farm deployment.
· Installing the SharePoint Web Farm.
· Configuring a highly available PowerPivot environment
· Configuring a highly available Reporting Services environment
· Configuring PowerView
· Testing a highly available SQL Server 2012 Business Intelligence environment
Chris Testa-O’Neill is a SQL Server Microsoft Most Valuable Professional(MVP), EMEA Production DBA and SQL Server Business Intelligence specialist at Insight. He is also a technical author, working on courses for SQL Server 2008 R2, 2012 and 2014 with Microsoft Learning and a regular speaker on the international circuit. Chris runs the Manchester SQL Server User Group, SQLBits and founder of SQLRelay. Chris is a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT), MCDBA, MCTS and MCITP in SQL Server.
The video is not available to view online.