Virtualising SQL Server
This session provides attendees with details on how to approach a SQL Server virtualisation project. Discussing topics central to server virtualisation such as performance and scalability considerations.
Here's a summary of the session:
- Business and technical drivers
- Why virtualise?
- Virtualisation project goals benefits and pitfalls
- Virtualisation planning
- Considerations for special aspects of SQL Server's resource requirements
- SQL Instance design
- Virtualisation Design and implementation
- Considerations for solution design
- Using Virtualisation to provide High Availability
- Configuration optimisations
- Potential issues and solutions
- Troubleshooting SQL Server on virtualised platforms
Justin is a Principal Consultant for Coeo, a Microsoft Gold Partner providing SQL Server consulting services for upgrade, performance tuning, scalability and availability solutions for SQL Server. Coeo also offer Remote DBA services for mission critical SQL Server platforms. Justin is an MVP and co-authored Wrox IT Pro: SQL Server 2012 Internals and Troubleshooting, as well as the same title for SQL Server 2008 and SQL Server 2005 Performance Tuning.