Performance Tuning your TSQL
I've spent over 10 years tuning SQL databases and I'm still learning new ways to tune my database.
In this session we will look at how we can analyse queries and understand how they should perform, how they do perform and most importantly will your application scale when you get more than you and a tester using your application.
Query tuning comes down understanding resource usage. We will look at,
- How to use Profiler
- Understanding Query plans
- Key monitors in System Monitor
- Identifying Resource usage
- How SQL Server uses resources internally
Simon has worked with data for all his career enabling companies to make the most of the data they have .
He works with companies to help them
1. Understand and define a cloud data platform strategy.
2. Optimise their data platform, including performance, scalability, security and certification
3. Improve their data development practices including implementation of agile methodologies and continuous integration.
Education of teams is at the heart of everything Simon does.
The passion for education led Simon to found SQLBits, the largest SQL conference in Europe. He is also a SQL Microsoft Certified Master and has been Microsoft MVP since 2005
You can follow him @simon_sabin or read his blog http://sqlblogcasts.com/blogs/simons
- Session Files Explorer
The network name cannot be found.